Posts Tagged ‘viral marketing’
Word spreads like wildfire that Rita is giving away free water ices at the bazaar. It’s a hot day, and people rush to get their refreshing slice. The “word” – the offer – was the actual Viral part – not the free water ice itself. That’s just the medium, the catalyst. The lure or “bribe”, if you like.
Now let’s `translate’ that to the online world. If the item in question is a single, physical water ice, that’s obviously not going to work: The water ice is going to be gone in a few licks, and you can’t distribute it over the net anyway. But if it’s something you can endlessly duplicate that will naturally channel business back to you, it’s ideal!
Some examples of items that make good Viral Marketing products:
- Special Reports
- Free checklists
- Free worksheets
- Free physical samples (yes, this still works, if you plan it properly!)
- Free videos or audios
- Free software (usually leading to a subscription or membership site)
If you’ve planned your Viral product correctly, people are not even going to think of it as
‘marketing’. They’re going to eagerly think about the natural advantage your product is about to give them and the problem it’s going to solve.
The Single Most Important Secret to Viral Marketing Success
In order to do this effectively, you have to know your target recipient. You have to know her as well as you know your best friend. Because in a way she is your best friend your best business friend.
You have to instantly know whether she would pick:
- A peanuts, or an ice cold water ice
- A Caribbean cruise, or skiing in Aspen, Colorado
- A Special Report on 7 Steps to Attracting Your Ideal Client, or a Special Report on 77 Ways To Attract More Clients
In other words, you have to really know what makes her not only tick, but gets her really passionate or excited.
Before you ever send out a Viral Marketing item, consider:
- The sort of things she has problems with
- What she needs most from you
- What she doesn’t even know she needs – but you do
- What she complains about most often
Each time someone signs up for your product you will organically multiply your business – without lifting a finger? Your clients will never disappear into thin air when you give them what they are looking for.